CHANDRA NATH BEZBARUAH COLLEGE LIBRARY
The Rules and Regulation of the Library
- The foremost rule is silence shall be maintain in the whole library.
- Always put a signature at the Visitor register after entering the library.
- The privilege of borrowing books from the library is restricted to the registered members only.
- Every student must possess his/her library card while making use of the library facilities.
- Strict discipline must be maintained in the Library rooms. Indiscipline may lead to disciplinary action and the library privileges be withdrawn.
- Students Will be allowed to take 3(three) books only.
- For Teaching and Non-teaching staff are allowed 6 books at a time.
- RESERVATION OF BOOK : A member may get book(s) reserved for loan by consulting the library authority only.
- Reference books/materials can not be issued should not be taken away outside the library.
- Journals and periodicals are issued against Library cards for Reading in the Library.
- Before issuing a book or books, students should check the pages of the issued books and if pages are found missing , getting torn and damage then they should report the librarian .
- If pages are found missing, then the last borrower of the book shall be held accountable for the missing pages and shall accordingly be fined.
- Students are required to handle books and reading material very carefully. Marking library books with pencil or ink, tearing the pages or spoiling the same in any other way will be viewed seriously. In such case, the last reader will be held responsible unless he shows the librarian at the time of issues that the book had been previously marked or damaged. In the event of damage of any kind, the last reader will be liable to compensate for damage. Books will have to be replaced.
- Books must be returned in good condition within the due date, otherwise a fine will be imposed as per library rules. (Per book 1 rupee for per day.)
- In case a Reader loss a book he/she should replace the book. In case the book cannot be replaced; the current price of the book will have to pay by the borrower.
- Membership card is non-transferable. Student must not lend their reader ticket to any other student to borrow-books from the library. Library facilities will be withdrawn for student misusing cards.
- Please keep your belongings such as bags, umbrella, etc outside of the library at the property counter before entering the library.
- Spitting and chewing of pan or any other eatables is not allowed inside the library.
- Teacher can keep books for 30 days and 1 renewal can be done for another 30 days.
- Late fine for teaching and non-teaching staff is 5 rupees per day of a book.
- Student can keep books for 15 days only and can be done renewal for another 15 days.
- The college leaving certificate or transfer certificate will be issued to student only after he/she has returned all the library books and cleared all library dues.
- NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE: A No Objection Certificate may be issued to members only on returning all books.
- The library authority may recall any book from member at any time.
FOR DEGREE STUDENTS
Library Opening Hours:
Monday – Saturday: 9AM– 5PM
Issue/ Return timing:
Monday – Friday: 9:30 AM -3:30 PM
Saturday – No Issue only Return